Field Reports1 Feb, 2008 By: Thomas Haire, Courtney Beth Pugatch Response
Avenue M, one of Chicago's hottest new steakhouses, offers 9,000 square feet of space for both fine dining as well as its hot lounge space. The location also has one of Chicago's most popular garden patios. Sponsorship opportunities are available for the DRMA event. Interested parties should contact Yarrington at (714) 338-6724 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Response Expo DebutsNetworking Schedule
SANTA ANA, Calif. — Following on the heels of its 2007 networking parties, Response Expo 2008 — set for May 6-8 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego — once again promises the best networking in the DR business.
The events kick off with the inaugural Response Expo Golf Tournament (presented by REVShare) at the Riverwalk Golf Club on Tuesday morning, May 6. Later, the opening night party will shine at the Hyatt from 6-8:30 p.m.
On May 7, the Seaport Celebration, sponsored by IFS andFedEx, returns to its beautiful outdoor location at Seaport Village from 6-8:30 p.m.
Finally, on May 8, the closing night celebration is set for the elegant Museum of Natural History at San Diego's Balboa Park from 6:30-9 p.m.
For more information on these events and the rest of Response Expo 2008 or to register, visit www.responseexpo.com.
By Jacqueline Renfrow
• Coca-Cola North America enters a two-year agreement with ExerciseTV to co-create original programming and integrate beverage brand messages and product functional attributes. Additional elements include exclusive content for MyCokeRewards.com.
• Viacom and Microsoft strike a five-year, $500 million deal in which they will collaborate on advertising, content distribution, event promotions and games.
• Brian Fays (Response, May 2007) rises to executive vice president of advertising sales at MTV Networks.
• Teletrax signs contracts with two European organizations, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the Atlas Agency, to electronically monitor their usage of news content.
• Macromark of Brewster, N.Y., signs an agreement to manage the database of customers accumulated by DR marketer Thane Canada, a division of Thane Intl.
• Bed, Bath & Beyond issues its annual vendor assessment audit — Motivational Fulfillment & Logistics Services (MFLS) scored 99 out of 100.
• Dave Postal is hired as the business development manager to develop and manage new media, production and telemarketing business as well as integrated DR online and off-line for Synergixx LLC.
• Premier Mentoring selects Moulton Logistics to fulfill a new marketing campaign featuring Armando Montelongo, star of A&E's "Flip This House."
• The 10th Annual Rick Weiss Humanitarian Awards will be held April 12 at the Palm Springs Convention Center. Hotel rooms for event attendees are available for $220 per night at the Hilton Palm Springs. Contact Rhonda Jameson to reserve a room at Rhonda@totalmarketingpartners.com or (760) 323-3338, ext. 246.
• SandstrF6m OnTV Company launches a national advertising campaign — airing first in the Phoenix market — featuring celebrity spokesperson Billy Mays.
REVShare's Growth Spurs Investors to the Tune of $20M
By Thomas Haire ( email@example.com)