Field Reports1 Aug, 2007 By: Thomas Haire, Courtney Beth Pugatch Response
• WorldLink has signed an exclusive advertising sales representation agreement with Gospel Music Channel. WorldLink will be responsible for managing all short-form direct response advertising sales on behalf of the Gospel Music Channel, which has nearly 20 million subscribers.
• Sky Radio has interviewed Joseph Gray, GEO of REVShare, about cost-per-action (CPA) advertising. The Sky Radio interview can be found at www.revhsare.com/revnetnews/02/audio/GREY-JOSEPH%204.2.07.wma. It will air this month for American Airlines' business executives to learn about REVShare's innovative CPA television advertising solutions.
• Jessica Hawthorne-Castro has joined hawthorne direct as account executive. Hawthorne-Castro, who is the daughter of founder Timothy Hawthorne, is a successful television and literary agent from Los Angeles, where she will be based.
• Bare Escentuals has appointed Karen Barner to the position of senior vice president of the company's direct-to-consumer business. Barner joins Bare Escentuals after a 13-year career at Guthy-Renker Corp., where she served in various direct response marketing management roles.
• News Corp. will debut its Fox Business Network on Oct. 15 to an estimated 30 million potential viewers. Viewers will come from carriage contracts with Comcast Corp., Time Warner Cable, DirecTV and Charter Communications. The business network plans to compete against NBC's CNBC cable network.
• Hawthorne direct has enlisted digital/interactive media editor-writer Scot Wilcox to pen the Hawthorne Videoactive Report. The daily E-newsletter offers views, insights and news on Interactive Video Advertising. Wilcox brings a wide range of professional experience to the hawthorne direct team, most recently serving as information technology specialist for the University of Iowa.