Research: SciMark Report15 Jan, 2010 By: Jordan Pine Response
1. NEEDED Is the product needed enough to generate the impulse to buy? For example, does it solve a problem? 2. TARGETED Is the product designed for a big enough buying group? Is that buying group known to be DR responsive?
3. DIFFERENT Is the product different enough to get people’s attention or change the fate of a previous, similar product?
4. UNCROWDED Will the category be relatively free of competition? Or is it already dominated by big brands with big ad budgets and a few decades of consumer loyalty behind them?
5. ENGAGING Does the commercial grab your attention and hold it throughout? Specifically, does it have the right opening, pacing and demos?
6. MOTIVATING Does the commercial feature an offer that will motivate people off the couch? Specifically, are the value comparison, price, bonus and guarantee compelling?
7. CLEAR Does the commercial communicate clearly? Or is it confusing, raising questions or objections that are left unanswered?
These criteria are applied weekly at: scimark.blogspot.com