Concepts TV Productions’ Kristy Pinand-Dumpert Wins DRMA Member of the Year
NEW YORK — Response Magazine and the Direct Response Marketing Alliance (DRMA) salute Kristy Pinand-Dumpert, vice president of sales and marketing for Boonton, N.J.-based Concepts TV Productions, as the 2013 DRMA Member of the Year.
“Words can’t express how humbled I am to receive the DRMA Member of the Year award,” Pinand-Dumpert says. “When the announcement was made, I was so touched that I had to hold back tears. To be in the company of such talented nominees, and then be voted for by peers I greatly respect and admire, is such an honor. I’m proud to say that I work among friends — the DRMA is about forging partnerships and bettering the industry as a whole, and to play a small part in that is so gratifying. I’m so appreciative and thankful for this award.”
Pinand-Dumpert’s victory in an industry-wide vote became official during a brief ceremony in front of more than 350 industry insiders at the DRMA Winter Bash in New York on December 10.
“The Response team has known Kristy almost since the day she jumped into the direct response business. Her personality, commitment and growth mirror the ideals of the DRMA,” says John Yarrington, publisher of Response and co-founder of the DRMA. “Kristy earned the lion’s share of the more than 900 votes cast by our members. She’s incredibly deserving of this honor against admittedly strong competition. While Kristy earned this award, the rest of our nominees earned their recognition as well.”
By earning the Third Annual DRMA Member of the Year Award, Pinand-Dumpert succeeds 2012 winner Nancy Lazkani of Icon Media Direct and 2011 winner Curtis Kleinman of Swipe Payment Solutions. The other nominees were:
- Lindsey Brooks, chairwoman/CEO, Hit Laboratories and Boardwalk Brand Inc., Seattle
- Lindsey Carnett, CEO & president, Marketing Maven Public Relations Inc., Camarillo, Calif.
- Grant W. Cover, director, major accounts, Tribune Media Services, Queensbury, N.Y.
- Karla Crawford Kerr, director of business development & corporate relations, Hawthorne Direct, Fairfield, Iowa
- Craig Handley, CEO and co-founder, Listen Up Español, Portland, Maine
- Ayal Latz, president, a2b Fulfillment Inc., Greensboro, Ga.
- Jason Levesque, founder & CEO, Argo Marketing Group Inc., Lewiston, Maine
- Reno R. Renaldo III, executive vice president/co-founder, OpenJar Concepts Inc., Temecula, Calif.
- Monica C. Smith, founder & CEO, Marketsmith, Parsippany, N.J.
“This is truly an exclusive group: 10 of the DR industry’s best have earned this nomination for the third annual DRMA Member of the Year competition,” says John Yarrington, publisher of Response and co-founder of the DRMA. “These nominees symbolize the industry’s best values, while also working diligently to expand the scope of the industry and the DRMA throughout the past year.”
The DRMA Member of the Year was determined by an E-mail vote from alliance members. Representatives of DRMA member companies had the opportunity to vote for the candidate of their choice between Nov. 20-Dec. 5.
The Winter Bash was presented by the DRMA and Viacom Media Networks, and sponsored by a2b Fulfillment, CoreMedia Systems, Dial800, OpenJar Concepts, REVShare and Swipe Payment Solutions.