Response Magazine Site Response Expo Site Direct Response Market Alliance Site Response TV Site Market Research Job Board

 

   Log in
  



Direct Response Marketing

More Brands to Pursue Mobile Marketing, Data Shows

27 Jun, 2012 By: Jackie Jones


REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – More marketers who have held out on incorporating mobile into their marketing strategies report a growing adoption rate of standalone and integrated mobile marketing programs, according to the latest data from StrongMail.

Mobile websites (70 percent), mobile applications (55 percent) and QR codes (49 percent) are the most popular forms of mobile marketing, but less than half of marketers are currently running any of them. Forty-seven percent of marketers who currently do not have mobile programs plan to integrate mobile into their campaigns within the next year, while 32 percent said they plan to develop mobile campaigns in a year or more. Only 25 percent said they have no plans for mobile, according to StrongMail’s data.

“With smartphones now accounting for nearly half of all devices in use by mobile users, it is more imperative than ever for digital marketers to adopt and integrate mobile marketing tactics into E-mail and their overall marketing mix," said Kara Trivunovic, vice president of agency services at StrongMail.  "E-mail marketers who are serious about garnering and maintaining consumer attention in this new era of mobile need more than just a solid strategy; they also need the right tools and resources to execute – and that's exactly what StrongMail provides with its integrated solutions and comprehensive agency services."

Among those already in mobile marketing, optimizing their websites for mobile devices ranked highest in importance, cited by 70 percent of respondents, eMarketer reported on the study. Mobile apps ranked second with 55 percent of marketers, as well.

“In spite of all this activity, mobile marketing remains a small portion of overall marketing budgets,” eMarketer added. “Almost one-quarter of respondents said mobile budgets comprised less than 1 percent of their overall budget, while one-fifth said it accounted for 2 percent to 3 percent of total money spent. A paltry 6 percent of respondents said mobile made up 11 percent or more of marketing spending.”


Add Comment




©2014 Questex Media Group LLC. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part is prohibited. Please send any technical comments or questions to our webmaster. Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Security Seals