DRMA Announces 10 Nominees for Member of the Year Award21 Nov, 2012 By: Thomas Haire
SANTA ANA, Calif. – The Direct Response Marketing Alliance (DRMA) and Response Magazine are proud to announce 10 nominees for the Second Annual DRMA Member of the Year Award.
After a nominating process led by the Response Advisory Board, last year’s winner – Swipe Payment Solutions’ Curtis Kleinman – returns to defend his title, joining nine other industry leaders. The DRMA Member of the Year salutes an employee or leader of a DRMA Member company who, during the past year, has exemplified the best and most consistent values of the direct response marketing business and has promoted both the value of DR marketing and the DRMA far and wide.
The full slate of nominees for the 2012 honor is:
- Andy Arvidson, president, Imagine Fulfillment Services, La Mirada, Calif.
- James Diorio, chief operating officer, Dial800, Los Angeles
- Craig Handley, CEO and co-founder, Listen Up Español, Portland, Maine
- Curtis Kleinman, vice president of business development, Swipe Payment Solutions, Pacific Palisades, Calif.
- Gary Latz, vice president of marketing, a2b Fulfillment Inc., Greensboro, Ga.
- Nancy Lazkani, president and CEO, Icon Media Direct, Van Nuys, Calif.
- Jane Schloth, vice president of marketing, OrderMotion Inc., Burlington, Mass.
- Rick Shiu, principal, InQuest Communications LLC, Redondo Beach, Calif.
- Adam Warren, president/co-founder, OpenJar Concepts Inc., Temecula, Calif.
- Chuck Wilkins, practice group development manager, Venable LLP, Washington
“We’re thrilled to have 10 of the DR industry’s best represented in the Second Annual DRMA Member of the Year competition,” says John Yarrington, publisher of Response and co-founder of the DRMA. “After working with our Response Advisory Board to select these nominees, it’s clear that these 10 individuals not only represent the best values of the business, but also have worked diligently to expand the scope of the industry and the DRMA throughout the past year.”
For the first time, the DRMA Member of the Year will be determined by an E-mail vote from alliance members. Representatives of DRMA member companies should expect to receive a special online ballot on Tuesday, Nov. 27. Polling will remain open through 2 p.m. PST on Friday, Dec. 7. The winner will be announced during the DRMA Winter Bash in New York City, scheduled for Tuesday, Dec. 11 at the New York Beer Company (RSVP for the Winter Bash by Dec. 3 here).
The Winter Bash is presented by the DRMA and Viacom Media Networks, and sponsored by a2b Fulfillment, Media Design Group, O’Currance Teleservices, OpenJar Concepts, OrderMotion, REVShare and Swipe Payment Solutions. The event will run from 6-9 p.m. EST.