DRMA Announces 10 Nominees for 2013 Member of the Year Award20 Nov, 2013 By: Thomas Haire
SANTA ANA, Calif. – The Direct Response Marketing Alliance (DRMA) and Response Magazine are proud to announce 10 nominees for the Third Annual DRMA Member of the Year Award.
After a nominating process led by the Response Magazine and DRMA staff, this year’s group of nominees will compete to succeed 2012 winner Nancy Lazkani of Icon Media Direct. The DRMA Member of the Year salutes an employee or leader of a DRMA member company who, during the past year, has exemplified the best and most consistent values of the direct response marketing business and has promoted both the value of DR marketing and the DRMA far and wide.
The full slate of nominees for the 2013 honor is:
- Lindsey Brooks, chairwoman/CEO, Hit Laboratories and Boardwalk Brand Inc., Seattle
- Lindsey Carnett, CEO & president, Marketing Maven Public Relations Inc., Camarillo, Calif.
- Grant W. Cover, director, major accounts, Tribune Media Services, Queensbury, N.Y.
- Karla Crawford Kerr, director of business development & corporate relations, Hawthorne Direct, Fairfield, Iowa
- Craig Handley, CEO and co-founder, Listen Up Español, Portland, Maine
- Ayal Latz, president, a2b Fulfillment Inc., Greensboro, Ga.
- Jason Levesque, founder & CEO, Argo Marketing Group Inc., Lewiston, Maine
- Kristy Pinand-Dumpert, vice president of sales & marketing, Concepts TV Productions, Boonton, N.J.
- Reno R. Renaldo III, executive vice president/co-founder, OpenJar Concepts Inc., Temecula, Calif.
- Monica C. Smith, founder & CEO, Marketsmith, Parsippany, N.J.
“This is truly an exclusive group: 10 of the DR industry’s best have earned this nomination for the third annual DRMA Member of the Year competition,” says John Yarrington, publisher of Response and co-founder of the DRMA. “These nominees symbolize the industry’s best values, while also working diligently to expand the scope of the industry and the DRMA throughout the past year.”
The DRMA Member of the Year will be determined by an E-mail vote from Alliance members. Representatives of DRMA member companies should expect to receive a special online ballot on Wednesday, Nov. 20. Polling will remain open through 2 p.m. PST on Thursday, Dec. 5. For more on each nominee, please visit www.responsemagazine.com/drma/drma-member-year beginning Nov. 20.
The winner will be announced during the DRMA Winter Bash in New York City, scheduled for Tuesday, Dec. 10 at the New York Beer Company (RSVP for the Winter Bash by Dec. 2 here: questex.wufoo.com/forms/drma-winter-bash-2013/).
The Winter Bash is presented by the DRMA and Viacom Media Networks, and sponsored by a2b Fulfillment, CoreMedia Systems, Dial800, OpenJar Concepts, REVShare and Swipe Payment Solutions. The event will run from 6-9 p.m. EST.