Editor’s Note: 30 Days of Thanks in a Single Page1 Nov, 2011 By: Thomas Haire Response
As the calendar flipped to November, I noted a number of people on Facebook taking part in something called 30 Days of Thanks (www.30daysofthanks.com), which urges people to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday by giving conscious thanks once a day for things in your life, big or small.
I’ve decided to join in, professionally. My thanks to:
1. Inventors whose brilliant ideas make consumers’ lives easier.
2. Marketers like Masterbuilt (see page 20) who bring innovative products to market.
3. Fortune 500 marketers that believe in DR, helping the space thrive.
4. Not-for-profit outlets that believe in DR’s fundraising power.
5. The first three DRMA Marketers of the Year — Allstar Marketing Group, Your Baby Can LLC and Hearthware Inc. — and all of the nominees saluted by the program.
6. Retailers who extend the life of DR products by highlighting them on store shelves.
7. Consumers who believe in the quality and power of As Seen On TV products.
8. Production teams that specialize in making great DRTV spots and shows.
9. Media buying agencies that find the best combination of time and price for DR marketers.
10. Teleservices companies for answering consumer calls.
11. Payment processing companies that make consumer payments easy.
12. Fulfillment houses that ship DR products on time to excited consumers.
13. Legal experts who help DR marketers navigate the ever-tightening regulatory waters.
14. Regulators — yes, the regulators — who keep bad marketers in check and protect consumers.
15. International DR experts, who take the best U.S. products to consumers around the world.
16. TV outlets for believing in DR and allowing it to be a $5 billion boon to their businesses.
17. Radio outlets for maintaining an important role in the DR space and reaching key consumers.
18. Vertical markets — fitness, housewares, beauty, financial and more — that believe in DR.
19. Online retailers for opening up yet another way for DR-style marketing to reach consumers.
20. Creators of smartphones for putting shopping and retail in every consumer’s pocket.
21. App creators who are taking mobile commerce to the next level.
22. Twitter for making my professional life crazier, yet simpler.
23. Other social media outlets for also allowing consumers and marketers a space to interact.
24. Generations of shoppers — from millennials to the Greatest Generation.
25. Researchers who help marketers maximize ROI.
26. The second generation of DRTV: the adult children of industry leaders who are now taking leadership roles in the companies their parents founded.
27. Public relations experts who keep me on my toes and bring great stories to the table.
28. Response’s contributors — writers and photographers — for fulfilling our mission.
29. Response’s Editorial Advisory Board, true industry leaders who shape the conversation in the magazine and at Response Expo
30. The Response team, without whom this page (or any of the others) wouldn’t exist.
Follow Thomas Haire on Twitter: @THrants